Since 1927 some incredible stories have been written at 620 South Tryon, the former site of the Charlotte Observer. Now, where the original building stood, a new story is being written. An exciting destination is taking shape that will be a gathering place to look back on events that have transformed us Charlotte and look ahead as a new era of transformation unfolds. Those past- and future-defining moments will now be honored and experienced in a place called Legacy Union.Overlooking Bank of America Stadium, the Bank of America Tower at Legacy Union is the centerpiece of the new, larger development and marks the signature entrance to Charlotte’s city center.
- The Legacy Union project spans 10.2 acres across two city blocks.
- Bank of America Tower is 33 stories tall and approximately 841,000 square feet.
- The building is crowned with its signature 100-foot tall translucent pyramid that is internally illuminated with color changing LED lighting.
- The entry plaza off of Tryon Street offers casual gathering space in both the sun and shade.
- Food trucks on the front plaza Monday through Friday.
- The office tower is adjacent to the city’s largest parking deck at 14 levels and ~ 3,100 parking spaces with direct access to Bank of America Tower via a pedestrian bridge crossing Church Street.
- One of the largest 4K screen video walls in the country, located in the main lobby featuring content that can be viewed from the front lawn of the building
- 3rd Floor Amenity level included fitness, conference and co-working spaces.
- Easily accessible via car or light rail